Subaru of America, Inc. just wrapped up its national Share the Love campaign. As it did for the last three years, the campaign resulted in a total of $5 million in donations to this year's five charities -- American Forests, The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals(R) (ASPCA), the Make-A-Wish Foundation(R), Meals On Wheels Association of America, and Special Olympics. (The charities vary from year to year.) Read more and link to the five charities here.
You might not realize that there's more to the Subaru Share the Love effort than this campaign. On the local level, dealerships have taken it to their communities. Here are a few examples from the last month or so:
- Matthews Subaru of Vestal, New York, hosted an Adopt-A-Thon to benefit the local Broome County Humane Society, which had been damaged by last year's flooding. Read more about it here.
- Gillman Subaru Southwest of Houston, Texas, helped load up cars with meals to be delivered by Fort Bend Seniors Meals on Wheels. Read more.
- Subaru of Santa Monica, California, also partnered with Meals On Wheels. More here.
- Wyatt-Johnson Subaru of Clarksville, Tennessee, teamed with Make-A-Wish families in the Nashville area. Read more here.
- Kearny Mesa Subaru of San Diego, California, hosted a food truck war with 23 trucks to help benefit Meals On Wheels Greater San Diego. Read more here. Also, read about food trucks in Spring 2011 Drive here.
Keep in touch with your Subaru dealer for opportunities to help reach out into your community.
-- Ric Hawthorne